Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Weddings- Salt Lake Wedding Photography

It's interesting to me the beginning of coverage of any event. The people all look at the photographer like we're the enemy or the poperazzi. Sometimes I feel awkward because of this stigma. However I know that by the end of the event that the people often view the photographer like the janitor, just there doing their job. A lot of times I don't know people before covering such events and am exposed to their inner personal lives and most precious moments. I'm right there as an observer anticipating those moments that are priceless. The emotion in the room is so thick you could slice with a knife.
This particular wedding, the ceremony took place on some stairs that faced the reception room. I was behind the action between the Bishop, the couple and the audience. This moment the couple was listening to their song being played. I wanted to get a picture of them kissing. So I quietly asked them to kiss. I didn't get the image I wanted so I asked them to do it again. The whole audience laughed as he took his new wife in his arms. It was silly.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also like playing with kids. They are always so excited to do "cool" things for photographs. We did a few different series of them throwing rose petals up in the air.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I am teaming up with a video-grapher Strillogy films , makeup artist and Dave Tate (original music) to create wedding packages for couples in the SLC Valley. The website should be up here in a few weeks.